The most popular item on the Nourish breakfast menu, these delicious pancakes have also been known to double as a bun for burgers.
Like all the other Nourish recipes, this dish is gluten free, dairy free, soy free, corn free, peanut free… It’s also a fantastic vegan recipe!
- 2 c rice flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1 Tbs coconut sugar (crystals)
- 1 tsp banking powder.
- 1/2 banking soda.
- 1 1/2 c coconut milk
- 1 Tbs coconut vinegar
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 1/2 c gelled chia seed
- 2 Tbs coconut oil, melted
- Mix together coconut milk and vinegar and set aside for 10 minutes.
- Mix dry ingredients together and combine well.
- Add remaining wet ingredients to the coconut milk and vinegar mixture and combine well.
- Add wet minute to dry mixture and combine well.
- Let stand for 15 minutes.
- Adjust consistency if necessary.
- Pour about a three-four inch diameter circles of batter onto a hot griddle or pan and cook until golden brown, then flip until both sides are golden.
- Serve immediately with maple syrup, coconut butter, and fruit.
For more dishes – click here to check out our nutrition, fitness, and cooking classes.