I love milk with cereal, but can’t have dairy, so I turned to non-dairy alternatives. However, the store bought milks have lots of additives that I avoid like preservatives, sugars, and flavorings. So I now make my own, which is easier, faster, and cheaper than going to the store to buy it!
- 3/4 c water
- 1/4 c walnuts, rough chopped
- 1 date
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- Place walnuts and date into blender with about 1/4 c of water (enough to cover walnuts) and blend on high speed until smooth.
- Add the remaining water and blend again.
- Squeeze/strain mixture through cheese cloth, nut milk bag, or fine mesh strainer into glass container.
- Scrape vanilla from shell and add to milk mixture.
- Add additional water if you prefer thinner milk.
- Seal container and refrigerate up to one week.