Plant Based & Healthy
This recipe was created by plant based bodybuilder and personal trainer, Anthony DiNobile who is a partner at All In Fitness & Wellness (Opening mid to late March.)
- 2 c black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2.5 T chia seeds
- 6 T water
- 2 T coconut oil, melted
- ¼ c almond butter
- 3/4 c cacoa
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 10 medjool dates (pits removed)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a 12-slot standard size muffin pan with coconut oil.
- Combine chia and water in the bowl of food processor. Pulse a couple times and then let rest for a few minutes to gel.
- Add remaining ingredients and puree – about 3 minutes – until smooth. Scrape down sides.
- Add water one T at a time to reach consistency less than chocolate frosting but not runny.
- Distribute batter into the muffin tin and smooth tops with a spoon.
- Bake for 20-25 mins or until the tops are dry and the edges start to pull away from the sides.
- Let cool 30 mins. They will be tender, so remove gently with a fork. The insides are meant to be fudgy, so don’t be concerned if they seem too moist.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a few days. Refrigerate to keep longer.