GF Plant Based
This recipe is a great way to add delicious plant based protein (black bean flour, chia seed, and walnuts) and Omega 3s (chia seed and walnuts) into your diet.
One of our vendors at Nourish dropped off some samples of some new items. One happened to be organic black bean flour. We’ve cooked and even baked with black beans before, but hadn’t worked with black bean flour.
So, we had some over-ripe bananas just begging to be used for baking, so we whipped up this fantastic recipe!
- 2 c black bean flour (can substitute any other GF flour)
- 1-1/3 c mashed overripe bananas (about 3-4 medium size)
- 1/4 c honey (can also use coconut nectar or maple syrup)
- 2 t baking powder
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/2 t ground cinnamon
- 1/4 t salt
- 3/4 c gelled chia seed (1T chia in 6T water for 20 mins)
- 1/4 c coconut oil
- 1/4 c chopped walnuts (can be omitted)
- Mix all the dry ingredients together in one bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together all the wet ingredients.
- Fold wet ingredient mixture into dry ingredients and blend well.
- Grease the bottom of muffin pans with coconut oil.
- Fill muffin pans with batter evenly over 12 muffin slots.
- Baked 350 degrees for 20 minutes.