This plant-based recipe is great at this time of the year in many parts of the country so you can use local, fresh, seasonal ingredients!
- 1 c sliced fresh crimini & shiitaki (or your choice of) mushrooms
- 1 c fresh spinach, chopped
- 1/2 c fresh kale, chopped
- 8-12 basil leaves cut into ribbons
- 1/2 container of cherry tomatoes
- 2 T coconut oil
- 1 t sea salt
- juice from 1/2 lemon
- 3 T of balsamic vinegar (this is where quality is important)
* NOTE: balsamic vinegar – especially cheap ones – often contain “caramel color” which is often derived from corn and/or barley!
- On med heat, melt coconut oil in pan.
- Add sliced mushrooms and sautee for 5-6 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, spinach, and kale and let wilt for 4-5 minutes.
- Stir in salt, vinegar, and basil and let cook another minute.
- Transfer to serving bowl and squeeze 1/2 of lemon over dish.