Nearly everyone wants a healthy sex life. Even if you already satisfied, wouldn’t be awesome to know a few more things that will enhance it even further. What most people don’t realize, however, is how much food choice plays a part in how good your sex life is.
Below are guidelines in choosing foods that will help enhance your sexual enjoyment.
Food that will enhance your sex life:
1. Foods that enhancing circulation and blood flow. General rule: if it’s good for your heart, then it’s good for your penis/clitoris.
- Chilis help circulation
- Fresh fruits and veggies (esp bananas and avocados)
2. Relaxation. Foods good for relaxing the brain – high in Vitamin B and serotonin, which relaxes. Where many men use sex as a stress releaser, women tend not to be able to enjoy sex when they are overly stressed. For women especially, amazing sex resides mostly in their minds, so treating your brain well is crucial. Foods and activities which release stress will increase sex drive for women and their enjoyment of sexual activity.
- grass-fed beef (corn-fed beef is low in vitamins)
- Fruits and veggies
3. Healthy Fats. Foods containing healthy fats are crucial to well functioning hormones.
- Olive Oil
4. Healthy Weight. Foods which help you lose weight and maintain a healthy weight. A healthy weight will help increase or keep your testosterone levels up – which enhances sex drive.
5. Heightened Senses. Foods that heighten the senses will help heighten your sexual experience. Great sex comes from pleasure centers in the brain, which are enhanced through smell, taste, touch, feel, and sight. You can help trigger all five senses with meals that are filled with vibrant colors, exciting flavors and spices, multiple textures, potent fragrances, and a wonderful crunch! Use these wonderful items nature created to do what they were meant to do: make your dining experience wonderful by stimulating your senses, and you will help kick start your evening….
6. Eat mindfully. Take your time and be aware of the food experience you are having. Really see the colors of your food. Feel it on your lips and tongue. Notice the sound it makes when you chew. Take a deep cleansing breath before you begin and notice all the aromas of the food and spices. And, especially…taste your food. So many of us rush through meals. We eat them while driving from one event to another or standing over the kitchen. By taking the time to enjoy the experience, you will be more likely to absorb the nutrients in the food and heighten your senses at the same time. Being able to take these extra few moments to enjoy yourself when nourishing yourself actually plays into your ability to enjoy your experience with your partner, as well.
Food that will diminish your sex life:
1. Sugar spikes. Foods that cause your sugars and or energy to spike and fall:
- Alcohol (1/2-1 glass of red wine1-2 times a week)
- Heavy starches
- Sweets – Foods that are high in sugar are bad for the brain.
2. Depressing foods. Foods which cause or enhance feelings of depression as well as birth control or pharmaceuticals which treat depression tend to hurt our chances of having great sex.
- Processed foods
- Fried foods
- Foods containing MSG and preservatives
- Foods containing gluten
3. Foods which cause swelling and bloating
- Fried foods
Essentially, the healthier you are in body, mind, and soul the more amazing your sex life will be. Everyone deserves to have a wonderful and healthy sex life!