Here are 16 Ways to Know if You’re A Freak at the Table.
- You ask no fewer than five questions of restaurant service staff before you even consider options on the menu.
- You carry a list of food items you cannot or will not eat that you give to waiters or hosts.
- You’ve cut entire brands out of your life because of one ingredient.
- You have multiple apps on your phone to help you find “safe” restaurants.
- You take three times longer to go food shopping because you read every label on every food item you are considering buying – even items you buy all the time.
- You measure the success of a meal by how you felt after you ate it, and then consider how it tasted.
- Your friends and family make you choose where to eat because you have the most food restrictions.
- “Weird foods” seem normal to you: quinoa, hemp seeds, spelt, kale, Swiss chard, tamari, chia seed, etc.
- You’ve ended up at a group event eating a plate of unseasoned mashed potatoes and three slices of unseasoned ahi tuna on a pile of undressed romaine lettuce that was “specially made for you by the chef.”